Welcome to Glimpse of Assam and Meghalay 4 nights 5 days Tour. Here, we are covering a common route mostly adopted by the travellers while visiting Assam and Meghalay round the year.
We are providing standard hotels /homestays /Guest houses and transfer as per the group size. The vehicles those we provide in this tour are Swift Dzire for 2 to 4 guests, Toyota Innova for 5 to 7 Guests and Force Traveller for 8 to 12 guests travelling together.
What is included in the tour
- Cost per per adult in twin /triple sharing basis
- Cost per child accompanying adults in twin /triple sharing basis
- All transfers and sightseeing by private basis as per the group size
- all toll, parking and taxes
- Driver's allowances for general duty between 6am and 8pm and his lodging and food expenses
What is NOT included in the tour
- any expense for meals (except if there is any complementary breakfast in the hotels)
- any entry fee in the sightseeing areas
- any kind of personal expense
- any camera or guide fee
- night drive charge of rs.500/night if the driver's duty is between 8pm and 6am
- any tour deviation charge if the pick up or drop off is other than Guwahati city/ Guwahati airport
Guwahati : 1 night
Shillong: 3 nights
Breakfast and Dinner inclluded
- Shillong: Umiam Lake, Wards Lake, Lady Hydari Park, Police Bazaar, Donbosco Museum, Shillong Peak, Elephanta Falls
- Cherrapunji: Seven sister or Nohsngithiang or Mawsmai water falls, Noh-Kalikai Water Falls, Dainthlen Water Falls, Mawsmai Cave, Thangkharan Park, Kynrem Falls
- Dawki: Boating in Wah Umngot River, Bophill Water Falls, Bishop Water Falls
- Mawlynnong Village: Village walk,Bamboo Sky Tower, Jingmaham Living Root Bridge,
- Guwahati: Kamakhya Temple , Umananda Temple, Dr Bhupen Hazarika Samadhi Kshetra
GLIMPSE OF ASSAM-MEGHALAYA
DAY 01-Arrival in Guwahati (Assam)
- Your Glimpse of Assam and Meghalaya trip with us will start from the Guwahati Airport/station (whichever of your choice) in Assam.
- As you will land at the airport, our representative will be waiting there to greet you with a warm welcome.
- From the airport, our representative will take you to a pre-booked hotel in Guwahati, Assam.
- After getting freshened up and some rest, you will be taken on a pilgrimage tour to Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple and Balaji Temple.
- For dinner and overnight stay, you will be transferred back to the hotel.
DAY 02-Guwahati to Shillong (Meghalaya) via Umiam Lake
- In the morning, enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- Followed by this, check-out of the hotel and be ready to commence a 99 km drive to the beautiful hill station of Shillong in Meghalaya. The entire drive would take around 3-4 hours to complete.
- En route, the gorgeous lake of Umiam, also known as Barapani. Barapani is the largest artificial lake in Meghalaya. Whereas, Umiam is known for its picturesque surrounding this includes Sylvan Hills.
- Upon arrival in Shillong, you will be accommodated in a pre-booked hotel in Shillong.
- For the rest of the day, you will be free for your leisure activity. You can either choose to explore the nearby region on your own or you can just opt to stay inside your hotel room to relax and unwind.
- Dinner and overnight stay will be provided at the hotel.
DAY 03-Shillong to Cherrapunji
- In the morning, you will be served with a delectable breakfast.
- After having breakfast, be ready to commence an excursion to the second wettest place on earth - Cherrapunji. The drive from Shillong to Cherrapunji takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
- En route, visit the gorgeous Seven Sister Falls, Mawsmai Cave and Thangkharang Park.
- After completing sightseeing tour of Cherrapunji, head back to Shillong.
- On the way to Shillong, visit the spectacular Elephant Falls and the much-famous Shillong Peak. From the peak, you can capture the surreal views of the surrounding.
- Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 04-Shillong to Mawlynnong to Dawki to Shillong
- Day 4 of this entire expedition will be a bit busy and productive. The day will start with a nutritious morning meal.
- Followed by this, you will be taken to the cleanest village in Asia - Mawlynnong through a 78 km road drive. In the East Khasi Hills, Mawlynnong is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the region and is a popular ecotourism destination in Meghalaya. In Mawlynnong village you will have the chance to visit the spectacular Root Bridge.
- The next stopover of the day will be Dawki. In the West Jaintia Hills, Dawki is a hidden treasure of Meghalaya which is known for its sublime beauty; the clean and beautiful Umngot River being a significant part of it.
- Once done exploring the town of Dawki, you will be taken back to Shillong.
- Upon arrival in Shillong, you will be accommodated back to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
- Post breakfast, be ready with your backpack to be driven back to your onward destination.
- From this voyage, you will not be leaving empty-handed. You will be gifted bucket loads of unforgettable memories to cherish for a long.