Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the renowned wildlife sanctuaries situated in the Morigaon District of Assam just 45 km away from Guwahati city. It takes just 1 hour to reach Pobitora from Guwahati city and approximately 2 hours from Guwahati airport. Though it is mostly famous for the Indian One-horned Rhinoceros, it is also the native land for the wild buffalo, leopard, wild boar, barking deer and a home to more than 2000 migratory birds.
Pobitora is running a successful Rhino breeding program within its sanctuary. It is running under Indian Government as "Indian Rhino vision 2020".
Places to see in pobitora include Haduk Hanging bridge and Garanga Beel pond. Elephant rides and jeep safaris are major activities which are held by management.
What is included in the tour
- Pick and drop from the hotel inside Guwahati city
- An a/c vehicle as per the group size for the specific trip
- All toll and taxes related to the vehicle excluding the safari inside the park.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any entry fee in the Sanctuary
- Any still camera or video camera fee
- Any expense for the activities like Jeep safari, Elephant ride etc
- Any meal or any kind of person expense.
- Great Indian One Horned Rhinoceros
- Wild Buffalo
- Indian and Migratory Birds
Welcome to Assam On Wheels Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary Half day Taxi Tour.
Here in this tour we will take you the Wildlife sanctuary and set you free there to explore the natural beauty on your own.
We have kept three schedules to start the trip from the Guwahati city centre:
First at 6.30am
Second at 8.30am
Third at 11am.
You will be picked up from the respective hotel and then straight drive to Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary.
You will be taken to the range office and to the safari counter to complete the formalities for safari (you need to pay on your own for those activities).
After completing the safari you can have lunch at any of the hotels in Pobitora and then drive back to Guwahati.