Welcome to SB Agam River Cruise to The Manchester of East (Sualkuchi Silk village) and to Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary for 2 nights/3 days ex Guwahati.
In this tour we will provide an exclusive House Boat having 3 AC cabins with attached toilets with all meal, activity and optional tours. The places chosen to visit in this tour will give you the experience of the traditional hand-loom weaving industry of Sualkuchi, which is also known as the Manchester of East, and the Wildlife tour in the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary which is also famous for one horned Rhino and different species of birds and animals.
To tread into Sualkuchi village and into Pobitora wildlife sanctuary through the riverine paths is a different experience at all as if you were surprising your own perception of these places altogether. Moreover, the experience of sailing on the houseboat during daytime and under the open night sky on the mighty river will keep you mesmerized and will transport your thoughts to a different dimension itself. Be one with the Mother Nature and let He help you floating you wherever your imagination let you.
What is included in the tour
- An Exclusive house boat for the entire tour starting from Guwahati to Guwahati for 3 days
- All meals ( 2 Lunches-2 Breakfasts & 2 Dinners)
- Transfer from Cruise to Sualkuchi Village by Electric Rickshaw
- Transfer from Cruise to Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary (not safari)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal or drinks other than mentioned in the cost includes column
- Any cost for hiring local vehicle for Wildlife safari or tour within Sualkuchi village
- Any transfer to and fro Cruise in Guwahati
- Anything which is not mentioned in the cost includes column.
- An Exclusive houseboat to travel across The Manchester of East and The Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary ex Guwahati
- The Experience of Road Not Taken
- AC Cabins with Attached toilets
- All Meals and transfers to Visited places
- Scope for extra Activity on prior intimation
- In-houseboat meal and stay arrangements
- Pick and and drop at Guwahati
- Option to Join other tours on last day ex Guwahati or Pobitora WLS.
- 2 nights / 3 Days house boat experience on the mighty river
- Opportunity to delve into the lap of Mother Nature
Day 1 – Guwahati – Cruise : Received at Guwahati Airport by noon and transfer to houseboat SB AGAM at Guwahati. On the way, a brief visit to Holy Kamakhya Temple situated atop the Nilachal hills within the city.On boarding, sailing starts with lunch towards downstream. Evening reach near Sualkuchi where we moor at a deserted sand island for the night. Also, evening enjoy a bonfire & barbeque on the deserted sand island in the middle of the river Brahmaputra.Dinner & overnight stay aboard houseboat SB AGAM.
Day 2 – Cruise – Sualkuchi : Morning after breakfast, sail for an hour or so to reach Sualkuchi, the silk weaving village of Assam. Here we visit a silk weaving center to see the silk manufacturing process and the exquisite dress materials of the famous Assam Silk.Later return to the houseboat and start sailing upstream towards our next destination, Kajoli Choki, the confluence point of river Kolong and Brahmaputra. Evening reach near Kajoli Choki and moor at a deserted sand island for the night. Dinner & overnight stay aboard houseboat SB AGAM.
Day 3 – Cruise – Pobitora WLS – Guwahati : Early morning, with a cup of tea, we disembark the houseboat to drive to Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary (30 Mins) for an exciting Jeep Safari in the sanctuary. After the safari, return back to the houseboat, get freshen-up and take breakfast. Later sail back to Guwahati to disembark the houseboat by noon to drive to Guwahati Airport to catch the afternoon / evening flight for the onward journey / or continue with the scheduled land extension.