The Kaziranga National Park is one of the popular National parks in Assam. The history of this park can be traced back to 1904 when Mary Curzon, Baroness of Curzon of Kedleston, wife of the Viceroy of India, Lord Curzon of Kedleston, visited this area and failed to see the Rhinoceroses for which the area was renowned. She asked her husband to take a an urgent call on protecting the dwelling species in this area and consequently on 1st June 1905, the Kaziranga Proposed Reserve Forest was created with an area of 232 square KM. In 1908, Kaziranga was designated a "Reserve Forest". In 1916, it was redesignated the "Kaziranga Game Sanctuary. The Kaziranga Game Sanctuary was renamed the "Kaziranga Wildlife Sanctuary" in 1950 by P. D. Stracey, the forest conservationist, in order to rid the name of hunting connotations. In 1968, the state government passed the Assam National Park Act of 1968, declaring Kaziranga a designated national park. In 1985, Kaziranga was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
What is included in the tour
- 2 nights Accommodation in twin sharing basis in Nature Hunt eco camp or similar
- 2 Beakfasts, 1 Lunch & 2 Dinners
- Return Transfer from Guwahati city or Guwahati airport to Kaziranga National park by a/c vehicle
- 1 return transfer from Hotel to Elephant Safari point
- Half day Tea Garden tour by vehicle without any guide in Kaziranga National park
- All toll, parking, driver charges, and applicable taxes related to the vehicle
- All taxes for accommodation and its services
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meal other than mentioned in the cost includes column
- Any activity in the National park: Eg Jeep Safari, Elephant Safari,
- Any entry ticket, any guard fee, any camera fee,
- Ethnic cultural program on prior request
- Anything which is not mentioned in the cost includes column.
- Kaziranga National Park wild life Tour
- Safari in the National Park
- See the word famous the Great One Horned Rhinoceroses
- Migratory Birds
- Be lucky to see the endangered species of flora and fauna
- Panoramic view of the National park park
- On Road view point stops
- Experience Stay at Traditional Cottage with ethnic food
Welcome ot Tour De Kaziranga National park with stay in Eco Camp ex Guwahati.
Day 1: Our local representative will receive you at the airport /railway station or from designated hotel or accommodation and then straight drive to Kaziranga National Park. We will cover the journey at approximately 5 hours from Guwahati airport. After reaching Kaziranga National Park, check in to hotel and the evening is free to explore the nearby areas on your own. Your can ask the hotel staff to book the safari on your behalf for next day morning or you can also directly to the Jeep safari counter and book the safari on your own. O/n at Nature Hunt Eco camp or similar and enjoy a Full course Ethnic Dinner.
Day 2: Early morning our driver will drop you at the Elephant Safari point at around 5am. After completion of the safari you will be dropped back to the hotel. Have the break fast and relax the noon at the natural ambiance of the eco camp. In the afternoon there are two options: 1) you will be taken to one of the nearby tea gardens followed by visit to Orchid Garden (entry fees are to be borne by the guests) or 2) Jeep safari in another zone. After completing the activities you will be dropped at the Hotel. If you want you can pre-book a traditional dance show at the hotel itself. Relax and enjoy the show performed by the local people. This is an opportunity to help the poorer section of the people by enjoying and contributing something to their livelihood. O/n at Nature Hunt Eco camp or similar and enjoy the dinner.
Day 3: If you are still eager to go for another Jeep or Elephant ride then do avail that. Have you breakfast there in the hotel or get it packed to have it on the way back to Guwahati. Check out from the hotel and drive to Guwahati.
Note: this is a sample itinerary and is just for reference only. Depending upon guests request it can be amended with prior intimation.